Re: [AMC-list] Old AMC owner wants a ride in a Hornet -...

Re: [AMC-list] Old AMC owner wants a ride in a Hornet -...

An old guy owned my Brothers 66 Marlin from day one.
Bought it new for his wife.
Parked it in a shed at 54K.
Guy gave it to my brother with the engine seized and the outer rockers
rusted through from sitting under pine trees after they moved it from
the shed when the shed threatened to collapse on it!
Anyway, the only thing the owners asked for was a ride in it
for the wife when it was done.

My brother took it out and gave her the ride.
He said they really did not believe he would ever
get it back on the road and since he had the interior
professionally done in a Teal marine grade vinyl and
period correct teal fabric inserts she thought it was exactly as new.

She cried when he took her for that ride...
My brother said just giving her that ride made all the work worthwhile.

Mark Price
Morgantown, WV 26508
1969 AMC Rambler, 4.0L, EFI, T-5
"I realize that death is inevitable.