[AMC-list] Tail pipes and such....

As noted in my previous post, here's the AMC related second part...

I heard through the grapevine that 88 to 93 Mustang LX tailpipes are a very
close fit for Javelins/JavelinAMX.

Has anyone else heard, seen or even tried this?

I heard this from a very interesting character I met at the World of Wheels
event at the Excel Energy Center in St. Paul during February this year.
Here's a link to a slide show of the event
http://midwestmopars.com/calendarofevents.html
It's about 130 slides so sit back and enjoy your early spring 2010 fix full
of cars.

Of note is the red MD Javelin (documented) This car took second place honors
in the 68 to 72 restored class which was full of Mustangs, Camaros, and very
spendy Mopars. Cool, huh.......

The owner's father was the guy telling me about the tail pipe thing, which I
thought was awesome, because you can purchase them in 2 inch, 2-1/2 inch and
3 inch diameters !!!!! and Stainless Steel !!!! He said it wasn't a perfcet
fit, but with a bit of fidgeting, it was possible to make it work. I have
some electric contractor buddies who have mandrel bending equipment for big
conduit, I'm thinking I might be able to tweak that a tad using one of the
mandrel units and get a great fit??
I love plans and ideas, I just hate when RM begins to sink in and I realize
if I do that, the cash has to come from somewhere.....

Have a good one,
Armand