Re: [AMC-list] FMX

Now that would be great!! Like others I've HEARD of some doing this, but never a first hand account. It's real easy to confuse the B-W and FMX, and I've had quite a few tell me that they have FMX transmissions in their cars when it was the B-W, mainly because they saw the kit used to rebuild it and it had Ford FMX in big letters, then the other models it could be used for in smaller print, or the guy at the shop told them AMC bought the transmissions (and engines!) from Ford because it was almost identical to the FMX internally. The valve body and case (due to passages to match the valve body) are the main differences... and "Ford" cast on the side instead of a B-W tag.
----------------
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2010 22:24:27 -0600
From: Jock J JocewJ Jocewicz <namdra@xxxxxxxx>

Frank wrote:
That's only a RUMOR Anrew, no one has EVER confirmed that an FMX will
interchange with a M-1x or M-4x tranny.

Jock replied:
 Not a rumor. Back in the 70's when I raced the Go-Jo Racing Team "Were
Gone" 69 SC/Rambler, we put a FMX tranny in it because I was tired of
losing once in awhile because I missed a shift plus it was harder to deep
stage with a 4-spd. back then. I can't quite remember exactly what we had
to do to install it but I will try to find out if I have a record of it
someplace and then let you all know.
--
Frank Swygert
For all AMC enthusiasts