[AMC-list] machinists

How sad..
the whole world seems to be going that way. just replace the  component.  all the way up to the "component" being an engine..  probably rebuilt in Mexico
No one has any idea about carburators or breaker points either.  The kid at the tire store when I put new tires on the Eagle, didn't realize my car had hubcaps..  he was about to put the impact wrench to them..  I said he needed to take the hubcap off first, and he had no idea..

Have a great AMC day..  Jeff

Got a letter from them today telling me that after the next round of

> certification (this fall) they will drop the "Automotive Machinist" series.
> They said declining number of members taking or renewing this certification
> made it impractical for them to continue supporting it.

Yeah Bruce, that is sad. And it reflects what's going on in high education
too. I think though that the 80's and 90's bubble mentality will stop
dominating and people will realize you can't replace the physical world with
paper shuffling.