[AMC-list] carburetor rebuild time

hey fellow listers,

sounds like a ship rolling over doesn't it.........listers.......ha

Anyway, I'm working on the rebuild of a Carter AFB. I don't know it's
origins, other than is was on a 79 304 with a cast iron four barrel intake.
The engine had a mild cam too.

I think the AFB may have come from a 68 or 69 290 or 343.

Unfortunately there's no tag on the carb for identification, so it has been
rebuilt al least once.

Here are the numbers stamped on the base of the carb, passenger side in
front.     1B4 9510S

base of carb passenger side behind choke coil. cast in numbers       0 -
2916       with a big   X  under that

passenger side linkage that operates the secondaries but mounted on the
primary linkage shaft are numbers        139

on the drivers side of the carb in the base is cast the number      3
and a   R in a circle

on the linkage mechanism for the fast idle cam on the drivers side are the
numbers    181-455

It does have the AMC throttle linkage ball for the socket on the throttle
cable.

Primary butterflys have the number

10 with a little zero after it  and 2-185

secodary butterflys have the number

2-281

Any help that can indentify this carburetor or give me some clues will be
greatly apprciated.

Questions

1.  The primary butterfly's shaft has some play in it. Will this cause
problems?

2.  There is a 1/4" od tube for the choke pulloff, should I connect that to
the 3/8" od tube on the top of th ecarb passenger side?

3.  There is a 3/8" od tube on the carb top passenger side that is for
thebowl vent, should I just leave that tube open to atmosphere or should it
be filtered or ran somewhere to prevent crap from getting in the bowl.

4.  There is a 3/8" od tube at the back and front of the carb, back one is
threaded into place front is pressed in.
        back one goes to PCV valve correct??
        what is the front one for??
5.   There are two 1/4 inch od tubes on either side of the idle mixture
screws, one goes to the vacuum advance for the distributor, does it matter
which one?
        What does the other one do?  get plugged off ?

6. Where should the power for the electrci choke come from?? I assume I'll
have to add that in as 70 Javelins had automatic chokes instead of electric.

My plan is to put this on the white Javelin with a performer intake under
it. I have the cam out of the 79 304, I've been thinking of putting it in
the Javelin's original 1970 304 with new lifters. What are your thoughts on
that idea?

Thanks for for your help and opinions offered.

Armand