Re: [AMC-list] slow it goes

On Sat, Mar 6, 2010 at 16:18, <wrambler242@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Redline.
> If you can get the right base and filter. I just saw a demo on power block
> or one of the other car shows. They dem'od blowing up filters. Theirs took
> way over what your little engine will ever put out!
>   Your smart enough not to flog it when it hasn't warmed up yet!
>   I suppose you'll pay out the arse for Redline filters.
>    But, you know what that engine cost....

OH MAN it costs. News at 11, but it's expensive, for me anyways. This is way
more than a "rebuilt", it's Done Right at every step, nothing cheaped out.
Nothing. I started out with zero credit card debt. Not zero now.

I have a remote filter kit from Summit, I think it takes a Ford filter, so I
should have many options. Yeah, I  guess I'm going with full oil pump
pressure INTO the oil filter. I don't buy cheap filters anyways.

>From Wix:

*The Filter By-Pass Valve*
If a WIX full-flow filter becomes "clogged", or excessively restrictive to
oil flow, the filter by-pass valve ensures continued engine lubrication by
allowing the oil to by-pass the filter.

So I'm doin' my simpler filter hack. I don't think it will be a real or
chronic problem, but its nice to know that if it does go high-pressure
decent filters will deal with it. Wix is as cheeep as I get. Bypassing the
filter for seconds to a few minutes during worst-possible-case warmup is not
gonna be fatal.