Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2010 10:23:45 -0800
From: tom jennings <tomj@xxxxxxx>
To: "AMC, Rambler, Nash, Jeep and family" <amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [AMC-list] spun rear axle/hub

Crap, I spun the axle in the hub, in my 63 Classic wagon yesterday. Pulling
out of a parking spot, luckily, not on the 405 freeway.

Yeah, I should have preemptively retorqued them.

It spun less than a few seconds total, so I'm hoping the axle end isn't
ruined. The hub will be though. I don't remember if there's a woodruff key
in there (there obviously isn't any more :-)
I doubt I can find a new replacement hub, but I can probably find a good
used hub. Anyone have any idea what my chances are?

Would Permatex stud locker with a good used hub help? I know that's a kludge
and would pretty much prevent later re-use/repair.

--
Frank Swygert
For all AMC enthusiasts