---------
Date: 25 Feb 2010 06:20:31 -0000
From: das24rules@xxxxxxxxx

so, who knows the difference in the cam specs of the hydraulic and solid
lifter cams for the 196? i have a couple of good solid lifter cams. i have a couple of froze hydraulic
lifters in my aluminum motor. i cant tell if the cam is pitted or not. i
wonder if where tom got his rv cam makes one for the aluminum motor with the
same kind of increases?? i dont have the program for my computer to compare
the cam specs. i dont even know what the original cams are. the tsm said
something like .254 or so lift? thats all i saw. i think it could probably
stand alot more work for more bottom end torque. that would be nice. so, ya,
im just wondering (pretty sure i am) out of luck to use a good cam from my
solid lifter cast iron motor.
--
Frank Swygert
For all AMC enthusiasts