Re: [AMC-list] 360 Pistons

I hate dropping a strange turd in anyones bowl, but that price is steep. Kudos for offering anything substantial for AMC, JC Whitney offers a radiator cap to fit AMCs ya know, but in todays economy that is pricy.
When I rebuilt my 360 on the back yard patio, and it chassis dyno'd at 320 HP, I had taken a set of stock AMC rods down to my local speed shop. We looked through the piston book and came up with a set of C***y 350 slugs that came close. He machined the pins to take the pots and we bored out the engine to match. I was into the pistons for $25 swap meet pistons and $200 to machine the pins/block.
Now, this was 10 years ago and prices have jumped, but look up matching 350 pistons and talk to a machine shop, see whats out there.
I know the guy in Sweet Home (sorry I can't remember his name, he passed away soeme years ago) had 305 Buick pistons machined to go into his 287 twin turbo by the same guy......Russ