Re: [AMC-list] It's just fun driving the Rambler

    Thats AWESOME Russ! Its always fun to meet new people etc! These AMCs seem to do that lots! Incedently, My bone cruncher drives a Rambler waggy daily, rain snow sleet! Very nice car though, you would never know he drives all year long!

________________________________
From: russ hathaway <russh97309@xxxxxxxxx>
To: Rambler Nash Jeep and familyAMC <amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sun, February 21, 2010 10:59:29 AM
Subject: Re: [AMC-list] It's just fun driving the Rambler

So whats it like driving my 65 440 versus my regular 83 Concord 4-dr. I drove my American to my monthly meeting 45 minutes away. It was a beutiful winter day so I left early and got there an hour ahead of time. Thumbs up and waves the whole trip. I drove into town (Lebanon, Oregon for those who know the Willamette valley) and went looking for chow. I noticed a guy following me (suspecting black helicopters and mystery ops, ya know) and as I pulled into the lot he followed. He showed me a picture of his 63 440, 62 Electra, a tall "T" and other cars. We yakked and he invited me to his clubs season happenings.
At my appointment I parked and a guy standing there told me about the 64 Ambassador his father had for years. The usual talk, then I told him I had an appointment.
My appointment guy met me and asked if the sweet ride was mine. I said yeah. He then told me of the 62 Impala he just got and relayed problems with the brakes he was having. We talked shop for about 30 mins.
On the way home I saw a Hash for sale and checked it out.
So what's it like; a 2 hour trip turns into an all day trip, but I always dig it.
By the way, I finally pulled the 64 Waggys engine yesterday. I'll purty up the engine bay then drop in my hot rod 258. The cars been sitting for a year......Russ