Re: [AMC-list] Cam specs

I find the idea that headers will make a huge difference as laughable, but I do know that exhaust restriction in general will help. The stock manifold isn't a log, surprise-surprise, but is a pretty well designed piece (for those who don't know -- Tom does!!). I think you're already running a 2" exhaust and turbo muffler. I doubt improving the manifold would help enough to be worth the effort, not unless you're going to do a lot of calculating and reasonably "precise" tuning with it.

-----------
Date: Sun, 14 Feb 2010 13:04:49 -0800
From: tom jennings <tomj@xxxxxxx>

Using the same software, I did what-ifs with the usual work, and found that
even mild things like pocket porting have nearly no gain for me at the
speeds I'm turning (though I doubt their software is prepared for the truly
awful valve pockets in this head, they are as bad as a lawnmower and I am
not kidding).

It does seem to indicate that headers would be a HUGE improvement, more than
the cam, even. I've been thinking about what it would take to bend my own
out of really skinny pipe (1.25") and really long (40" - 48"). There's room.
I am every unlikely to undertake that this year, but it's nice to think
about.

--
Frank Swygert
For all AMC enthusiasts