Re: [AMC-list] question on this cam grind, specs

On Fri, Feb 12, 2010 at 09:14, Sandwich Maker <adh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> "
> " new:     348 duration (I opens 64 btdc closes 105 abdc; E opens 105
> closes
> " 65) overlap 130 degrees (at .006 LIFT)
>
> that can't be right; it sounds like top fuel numbers!  gotta be wrong
> somewhere.

That's cam spec and event timing right off the spec sheet that came with the
cam.

Frank, I know it's possible and entirely reasonable to tune for more torque
in the 2500 - 4000 range, and that's a typical way to go; my Hornet's 258
had a cam like that, pretty much stock-feeling below 3000, but 3000 - 4500
it pulled like crazy!