Re: [AMC-list] question on this cam grind, specs

On Fri, Feb 12, 2010 at 07:31, Wrambler <wrambler242@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> What's the valve lash?
> You can alter the cams action a little bit by playing with lash.
> Is it ground straight up? I.E. same as the stock cam?

ANother minor annoyance, but I think in real life it wouldn't matter too
much -- the cam is spec'd at .010 lash, but the factory settings are .012
intake/.016 exhaust. (I now suspect the larger exh lash is to accomodate
localized heating issues...) yet another thing that makes me think that the
cam grinder isn't very savvy about this particular motor and it's
application.

Maybe your missing something in the equation?

That's what I'm hoping. I'm wrong all the time. In cases like this I PREFER
being wrong, as my own mistakes are the easiest to fix!

> Don't shoot me, I'm just trying to decypher why Galvin would call
> it an RV cam if it is not?

Gun's not loaded :-) Me too!

>  I wonder, did they back in the day make a "hotter" cam and
> this one got ground to the wrong specs and slipped through the cracks?
>
>  Call and ask, maybe you can get exact info as to who ground it
> and talk to them?

Yeah, will call Doug. I was hoping for some insight before I call.