Re: [AMC-list] Javelin Suspension

On Thu, Feb 11, 2010 at 09:30, <feltonjk@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> I am restoring a 70 AMX.  Several years ago I installed all new rubber
> bushings on the front end.  My project then sat in the garage for 6 years
> because I moved cross country.  Recently I got back to my project and had to
> entirely replace every bushing because they had dry rotted.

I'm fairly sure that the problem is that the rubber you bought was probably
VERY OLD. New in box, but made in the 1970's or something and therefore no
good. It has to have been newly manufactured, and for some stuff, no one is
making it, so it's all old stock.

The polyurethane I think doesn't rot like that to begin with, besides being
decades younger probably doesn't hurt.