Re: [AMC-list] Lower shock mounts for Ambo needed

Re: [AMC-list] Lower shock mounts for Ambo needed

Yup. What Andrew said. Air shocks are not friendly to AMCs. The force flexes
the sheet metal up and down and it develops radial cracks then breaks off
the "tabs" formed, one by one.

Sagging springs also let the rear flop up and down more, so the air shocks
would transmit even more motion/force to the mounts than in a newer car. THe
only real solution is to fix the sagging springs. There are inexpensive ways
to do that, eg. adding/swapping leafs.