Re: [AMC-list] Low fuel warning light

It's doing that because the voltage regulator built into the dash is bad (It's built into the temp gauge) or the fuel tank sending unit is going bad. If the temp always reads normal, then it's probably the sender wire is broken and shorting out

From: linda sufficool <greenhornetlady@xxxxxxxxx>
To: amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [AMC-list] Low fuel warning light

?I was wondering if anyone knows how to fix the low fuel light on my 71 Hornet Sportabout. It flashes all the time. Full tank or not, it is always flashing. Is there any way to fix it without just disabling it? Also, the gas guage is either buried on one side or the other... over the full mark or under the empty... with occasional stops in between as it slowly goes back and forth. Any ideas? Thanks, Linda