Re: [AMC-list] 232 in an early American

Drag racers fill the blocks all the time. Many just fill to the bottoms of the welch plugs in the side, but some of the high-power engines are filled all the way up the cylinder walls. The heads need most of the cooling anyway, and they are only run for a few seconds. I know of a few street/strip cars with the lower portion of the water jacket filled, but they really aren't run much on the street. Big aluminum radiators help too.
-----------
Date: Sun, 31 Jan 2010 21:54:51 -0800
From: tom jennings <tomj@xxxxxxx>

I jsut googled 'hard block', I'd never heard of it before. Is that really a
good idea?! It sounds insane. What about heat removal? I know the lower cyl
walls don't do that much but it doesn't sound like a technique for
longevity. A guess one of the advantages of that brand C V8 is you can eat
'em up all you want. Land speed record too, I guess is a one shot thing sort
of.

--
Frank Swygert
For all AMC enthusiasts