Re: [AMC-list] 195.6 leaky head gasket

On Sun, Jan 31, 2010 at 15:02, Frank Swygert <farna@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> The only practical difference in the 63-65 block and the earlier ones is
> where the oil to the head comes from. Starting in 63 it comes from the front
> cam bearing,

I've never seen one without the external line. Mine's got one, but its a
rebuilder.  So far I'm favoring the NORS shortblock because it has a set of
pistons already. My only hesitation at all right now is, I don't recall of
the crank butt in the car now is FLAT or VOLCANO. The NORS crank is volcano.
I know it's SUPPOSED to fit the flywheel but I'm gonna check before I spend.

I just can't bring myself to buy a disposable wrench. I'll decide soon
thoough.