[AMC-list] harmonic ballancer spinning?

i went to check my timing lastnight. never checked it before on this motor.
the timing mark was no where to be see in the light. yup, there is a timing
mark on the ballancer. scratched it to be visible. still, cant find it on the
timing light. well, i finally found it. it is atleast 90* to the advanced
side. timing pin on the block is around 10-11 o'clock position. ballancer
mark is around the 2-3 o'clock position. i messed around with it, and set it
where the car is idling about the best. anyone ever hear of that happening?
if i can find a place to put my vacume gauge on, anyone know what it should
be at. also, its a '65 motor, but it has a 62 dizzy in it. that shouldnt make
any difference tho should it? i dont see how it would. baffling to me. _______________________________________________