Re: [AMC-list] save great lakes dragaway, union grove, wisconsin

Re: [AMC-list] save great lakes dragaway, union grove, wisconsin

Eddie,
  The locals (just a few of them) have been trying to shut down Great
Lakes Dragway for years now and sad to say, I am all for them. Why? When
"Broadway Bob" sold the track to the new owners, these new owners screwed
NAMDRA and its members and some of those that attended NAMDRA's last meet
there financially. That is why NAMDRA has not been back to this track in
many a year!

On Thu, 21 Jan 2010 10:34:10 -0600 "Eddie Stakes"
<eddiestakes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
> You will have to be a Facbook member to view this page

> .....however, here is some information on one of the oldest racing
> strips in the US. If
> you are a AMC fan, there is a better than average chance sometime in
> the past millenium
> you have enjoyed watching American Motors vehicles battle it out
> head to head at that
> track, of which many a AMC National event was held by NAMDRA
> (National American Motors
> Drivers & Racers Association).
>
> Seems that "The Grove" (within spitting distance of The Motors in
> Kenosha!) has come under
> fire by some 'neighbors' claiming it is a nuisance. Not sure if
> their kids are corn, but
> most my trips there I remember cornfields for miles. Maybe the sound
> of unhooked AMC
> headers on a 401 stunted the kernels.
>
> Here is some information about Union Grove Dragaway for those of you
> who wish to have your
> voices heard however...AMC, or Brand X.
>
> http://greatlakesdragaway.com/
> email them: savegreatlakesdragaway@xxxxxxxxx
>
> Spread the word!
> Eddie Stakes
> 713.464.8825
> eddiestakes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> www.planethoustonamx.com

Jock Jocewicz - President/Editor NAMDRA  namdra1@xxxxxxx or
NAMDRA@xxxxxxxx
8537 Antioch Rd., Salem, WI 53168  (262) 843-4326
                 JOIN NAMDRA - the best AMC club around!!
32nd.  AMC NATIONALS - SEP. 9-11, 2010 - Cordova Dragway Park, Cordova,
IL
AMO#19, NAMDRA#46, AMCRC#974, NHRA#41915, IHRA#6766