Re: [AMC-list] oil and water DO mix...

On Thu, Jan 14, 2010 at 14:38, Joe Fulton <piper_pa20@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I can't believe it's been three years already.  It seems like my truck just
> cooled off from that trip to LA. ....and 25000 miles?  amazing.  Well, let
> us know what you find.  I've got to get the 65 Rambler on the road and start
> racking some miles on my newly rebuilt motor.  Been to busy at work though.

It's surprising to me too. It was definitely 2007, I think May. I can look
in my gasoline log but that's at home. I've driven the snot out of this car,
and ran it HARD in that rally (and since...), and still no squeaks or
rattles or failures other than noted in this list. I've grown to more than
trust the front suspension -- I think it's a GREAT design, just labor
intensive to assemble. After all that thrashing the alignment is still
perfect. Wish I could say that for my strut-bushing cars.

I'm fairly sure I will not be asking for my money back on this car, Joe.

Have you broken your new motor in yet? I'm wondering about the zinc additive
business for break-in, even for low performance engines like ours. I think
I'm gonna treat mine to a heavy dose, the worst it can be is a waste of
money.

Longer term, I'm definitely running synthetic oil after breakin. The innards
of my 232 attest to it.