From: Bruce Griffis <bruce.griffis@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 9 Jan 2010 16:52:26
To: AMC, Rambler, Nash, Jeep and family<Amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [AMC-list] Goofed with the touch-up paint

A few weeks back I recommended Paintworld for touch-up paint. They
were able to look up the paint codes for the Mystic Gold on my '65
Rambler, and it looked pretty good. I spoke too soon, though. The
spray paint is a base coat/clear coat paint and requires a clear coat.
That's not going to work so well for a car that doesn't have a clear
coat! I'm thinking it would look pretty odd.

So - if I just spray the base coast as a touch up, I'm guessing there
will be problems, right? Would it lack UV protection and fade out
quickly? Or let moisture through and rust quickly? What happens if you
skip the clear coat?

Anyway, picking up a compressor, gun and good paint is getting a
little higher on the list. I want to make the car look a little better
when it warms up. (we've already discussed that anyway, I'm just
letting folks know that my previous recommendation was probably a bad
one)