[AMC-list] Sandhill Cranes and Paintworld Mystic Gold Poly

[AMC-list] Sandhill Cranes and Paintworld Mystic Gold Poly

Huh? What? I put down another coat of primer in my trunk, then decided
to test out my can of Mystic Gold paint from Paintworld. Hey, it
looked kind of right! Then I hit the spot below my left taillight that
was sporting off-color primer. Hey! Much better! Then hit another
spot. I'm hoping that with some work with rubbing compound and
polishing compound it will blend. Right now it's kind of a 20 footer.
Well, the trunk is kind of a 100 footer and let's hope it's after
dark! (I need to do a much better job with body filler and sanding
before painting).

Anyway, the car is far from presentable, but it looks like Paintworld
did okay with the matching. I'll practice up some more, and wait for a
few warm days or weeks to take care of myriad little parking lot dings
and paint scratches. Or push my camper out of the garage and get back
to having a night project.

Sandhill Cranes? I think that's what they are called. When I finished
I could hear cranes calling and could just barely see them way up
there. I think it's the sandhills that migrate so far up that they are
just specks and you hear them long before you see them.

So - a little more trunk work. Maybe pick up a mat from Galvin's or
just use a black carpet to match the car's interior. Order some more
spray paint - and start messing with the wheels and scratches when it
gets a little warmer. At least the car looks a LOT less stupid with
the off-color primer finally painted over.