Re: [AMC-list] Check out this guy's...

The valve body is solenoids controlling liquid direction (like the hand controls on a forklift, only computerized). A stuck valve is usually due to lack of fluid change and filter cleaning or the controller is corroded/going bad at the connector.

From: Frank Swygert
To: amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [AMC-list] Check out this guy's...

With nearly 300K miles you certainly can't complain! Those things are expensive to get rebuilt though. Plenty "low mile" AW4s in the salvage yards (in comparison to yours) -- I'd pull one with under 200K and use it for another few years, only the fluid changed right away! If you think it's a sticking valve just pull the valve body and clean it real good. That's a very good possibility being that the fluid was never changed. Change it every few years!!