Re: [AMC-list] Interesting item in A.M.C....

I discovered that the tie rods for my room mate's Rebel were expen$ive and not nearby so I have been retro checking more common Caddy tierods (they use the same adjuster sleeve) and idler arm (it seems very similar but hers is bent so I can't tell 100% till I have time to take it out and see)

From: Wayne E Lamothe <superglider@xxxxxxxx>
To: amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [AMC-list] Interesting item in A.M.C....

Not sure of the 64 but that is what I did for my 66 and 69.  I got a set
of ball joints for a 70 and just ground the tabs off and they bolted in
and worked perfect.  matter of fact I had an old 83 Eagle ball joint that
I experimented on and it fit too after grinding off the tab.  I have pics
somewhere on my photobucket site.

This is the Eagle ball joint in the lower control arm
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v105/Superglider/69%20Ambo/2009/?action
=view&current=P1010100.jpg

The 70 unit bolt holes were identical after grinding off the tab.  the
shaft size is the same for the 66, 69,70 and 83.

Wayne