Re: [AMC-list] Interesting item in A.M.C....

Now Tom, would I print something that wasn't true? I talked to the guy about that, and some of the early American owners confirmed it. There was a change in the tie-rod ends as you stated, sometime around 65, maybe as late as 69 -- I forget exactly when. Ball joint tapers didn't change, just the mounting holes.
--------------
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 2009 22:03:34 -0800
From: tom jennings <tomj@xxxxxxx>

Article about a 64 Classic:

the Rambler lower ball joints are not easily available and ex-

> pensive when you can find them. An easy fix is the later AMC
> ball joint, which fits perfectly, only needing the tab for the
> two extra mount bolts to be trimmed off.

?!?!? Is this true?! I thought the tapered shaft was a different diameter?
Smaller I think. THe tie rod end tapers are smaller in the newer parts,
otherwise they're identical to 63-64.

Suuure would be convenient!! The early lower ball joints are very expensive
and hard to get.

--
Frank Swygert
For all AMC enthusiasts