From: "Rocky Lear" <lear31@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 2009 21:41:51
To: AMC/Rambler owners, drivers and fans.<amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [AMC-list] How (DO I) research an old drag car?

OK...I've had this 343 Rogue since 2002 in storage. I now have a renewed interest in it. It came from Brunswick, OH...a southern suburb of Cleveland. I have a nagging suspicion that this car was a drag car most of it's life. It has a set of hookups on the front for the old towbar setup commonly used on cars of that period. Doing research, I've found pics of the RUMBLER...a 67 Rogue that is a 290 4spd. car. It has the same tow bar setup. These have been on here a very long time....maybe not since new but a very long time. At least three or four paint jobs worth over the years. Upon removal...the metal and original paint behind them is like new. I don't guess these were a factory option....I have three names who have owned the car in that area. The one I bought it off of was a Ford guy trying to make a buck...so little help there. I did talk to the guy he got it from, he raced it but was little help digging into it's past. I have a third name and address discovered in the glove
  box and have written snail mail....No response. What would you do if you wanted to know the history on such a car? Now I can start shaving layers of paint...which there are many...in an attempt to discover old lettering. Is there anything else I can do?

Rocky