---------------
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2009 11:58:24 -0500
From: Bruce Griffis <bruce.griffis@xxxxxxxxx>

2002 should have read:
Lives Saved in 2002
208/209/210 Safety belts 14,570
203/204 Energy-absorbing steering assemblies 2,657
208 Air bags (frontal) 2,473
206 Door locks, latches and hinges 1,398
214 Side impact protection 994
201 Instrument panels 930
105 Dual master cylinders/front disc brakes 538
212 Adhesive windshield bonding 347
213 Child safety seats 335
216 Roof crush resistance 161
108 Trailer conspicuity tape 159

And I agree in large part with Joe as well. There comes a point when
the car you wanted for the very reasons you wanted it no longer has
those characteristics. Still - if I can do three-points and a later
model bench seat and keep the car looking kind of sort of correct more
or less, then I'd do those. A lot more than that, and I should
probably sell my older car and look for a Hornet or Concord (those
have the main things I'm looking for).

--
Frank Swygert
For all AMC enthusiasts