-------------
Date: Sun, 20 Dec 2009 23:15:15 -0500 (EST)
From: adh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Sandwich Maker)

" From: Marc Montoni <Freedom@xxxxxxxx>
" " adh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Sandwich Maker) wrote: " " >" No, they were basically just a bare-bones motorhome subframe with the
" >" 390 engine and trans preinstalled in it and ready to ship to any
" >" motorhome maker that wanted to buy one.
" >
" >they'd have been amgeneral truck chassis in the early '70s, same as
" >went under their parcel vans.  the big 3 did this too.
" " " I'm not sure about that. The skeleton, if I'm remembering right, was
" first offered in the first half of 1969, which predated the
" acquisition of the Willys truck manufacturing operation that was
" later subdivided into AMGeneral.
" " But that's only if I'm remembering right....

that would be interesting.  i wasn't aware that amc was interested in
trucks before acquiring kaiser.  but if they were, it would've made
sense to give it to amgeneral afterwards.

--
Frank Swygert
For all AMC enthusiasts