Re: [AMC-list] Safety Weinie

>One thing about your 1% safety. You do know how many REAL people that is?  Roads are far more congested. The percentage of idiots is probably about the same.
>The people here on this list are likely some of the safest drivers on the road. Hard to replace our antiques! I have spent 30 years learning how to watch for the idiots and drive on the local crap roads. Its a college town. % of idiots is high!
>
>The other point. The knife/leatherman. It is not the parents "fault" our kids don't carry them. Even 13-15 year old kids forget shit. One trip to school carrying any kind of blades and they are tossed out on their ass. Leaving us parents to sort out the mess!

Yeahp, one of the many reasons we homeschool.  I remember carrying a jacknife to school when I was 10 or 11 -- and even if I pulled it out to whittle a stick on the playground, it just wasn't a big deal.  One of my teachers used to come out and sit with me and we'd whittle small boats to put up on the fish netting on the wall for student crafts/art.

>We used to go out at 17, drink and drive 20 miles home. Never pass another car! Cops would catch us take our beer scold us and send us home!

And then once we'd gone up the road, they'd sit there and drink the remaining unopened containers (true story -- we used to live in a house overlooking a popular speed trap in Kent, OH.  Town cop would sit there doing his turkey shoot several days a week.  Watch out for those timing lines painted across the road in Kent, boy!

Friday nights he'd hang out there forever.  One night my dad noticed he seemed to be asleep with his interior light on.  My dad went to make sure he was OK, and he later told me the floor of the unit was littered with empty beer bottles and the cop was passed out.

>Those days are long gone!!!

Yeah, but just because I don't think they should be.  American culture has lost a lot that it should regain.  It begins at home.  My goal with my kids is that if they can't out-shoot me on the range by the time they're 10, I've done something wrong.

My eldest will probably be driving my 79 Spirit around the yard next summer; he's already got the H-pattern manual 3-speed floor shift down pat (my wife doesn't like that setup!!).

I want my kids to be as un-PC as possible.

MARC MONTONI
Richmond VA
http://FreeVirginia.blogspot.com/
Freedom.  Responsibility.  www.LP.org
Cu vi parolas Esperanton?
I'd rather push a Rambler than drive a Toyota.
Visit www.AMCRC.com or www.AMONational.com .
http://RichmondRambler.tripod.com/
http://Hasdrubal.tripod.com/Index.htm