Re: [AMC-list] Safety Weinie - Did '68 '69 Rambler Americanfrontseats co

Re: [AMC-list] Safety Weinie - Did '68 '69 Rambler Americanfrontseats come with headrests - other stuff to snag and retrofit?

On Mon, Dec 21, 2009 at 10:50, <wrambler242@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Isn't the signal cancelling pin on the wheel?

Rambler driver!

GM steering column assemblies on 70? up. The Rambler columns were not that
good, but at least they were simple! The GM columns are complicated, and I
HATE KEYS ON THE COLUMN and dangling klinking and hitting my knees, but they
are more reliable and you can actually buy parts. A locking steering column
is annoying, and just means that tow trucks hurt the car when they tow it,
it's not like it stops towing or theft or anything!

Keys seem to be drifting back to the instrument panel in various crazy
places like they did for 15 minutes in the 50's.