Re: [AMC-list] Love that Weather Eye!

On Sun, Dec 20, 2009 at 13:16, Bill Serckie <realtorbill@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> Bruce,
>
> I drive my 1965 American year round up here in Chicago, except when there
> is excessive snow or salt on the ground, besided my defrosters leave a bit
> to be desired...

AMC defrosters seem to fail after 20 years (imagine :-) the wire and paper
tubes fall off, the foam seals don't, fan motors slow down, heater cores
plug up with dust and leaves.

Yeah I know it doesn't get cold in Los Angeles, but I lived in BOston for 30
years, and the heater and defroster in my current American would be just
fine there. The thing will light your feet on fire. THe pass. side hose is
partially off (I keep *meaning* to fix it...) so that side is weak, but it
blasts plenty of hot air up and down.

My Classic wagon, the heat's gone cold; I fixed most of the foam seals, and
air flows though poorly, but no heat.  Heater core is "new" (OK 10+ years
now) but it flows hot water. So I have an air pluming problem there, gotta
fix that before my trip to the mojave in two weeks (it's cold there).

Just like vacuum wipers -- when it's working to factory standards it's as
good or better than electric wipers. "Weather Eye" in good state of repair
is more than adequate. It's not like there a shortage of hot water.