Re: [AMC-list] Safety Weinie

Thanks guys. This is all good information. And thanks for explaining
about the rag joint steering columns. I wasn't sure how they worked. I
am going through things I can do, and the biggest hitters are good
belts, collapsible steering column and good brakes. Well, driver
paying attention and driving for the conditions would trump all of
those. I'll start figuring out what I can do and try to write it as an
article. But those of you on the amcforum may have noticed I posted it
for sale. I like my steel dash and I like the way the '65 looks, and
I'm happy driving it by myself. Just not sure about bringing my
youngest son in it, and the whole goal was to use it for a weekend
getaway car hauling our 500 pound popup camper, some fishing gear and
a used beagle. I'm considering keeping working on the car as a
learning project, but keeping my eyes open for a Hornet or Concord. In
the meantime, I see nothing wrong with driving it on local roads,
staying out of Atlanta traffic and paying attention.

Farna - you already did shoulder laps and good seats in your '63. And
I'm sure more of you guys did that or more. So I think that is where I
should start.