Re: [AMC-list] Safety Weinie

Exactly on the seats. From what I read, if you use an adjustable
headrest, it needs to come up to your earline. Looks like 31" from the
seat if I read it right, and seat backs in the 60's were in the 23"
(24"?) range measuring from where your butt goes. I could go with
adjustable headrests, but make sure to adjust them up - or go with
newer seats. Further reading showed that headrests and taller seats
did not prevent fatalities, but did help prevent injuries (whiplash).

So - bench seat with the risk of injury, or bench seat with adjustable
headrest properly adjusted providing some protection, or newer seats.
I'd need to figure out what would look almost kind of cool while
providing some degree of protection.

Thanks for the info on the columns. The info on the floor pans,
firewall and frame sills is good - but way more than I could do. But I
CAN do seats and belts! (researching is giving me some cause for
concern - but I hope to mitigate that).