Re: [AMC-list] Safety Weinie

for the colapsible steering column, ididit, or flaming river, i forget who,
(maybe both) have a colapisble section you can put in. i think your steering
shaft is solid, just like the ones on my 3 ramblers. no joints or anything
from wheel to steering box. they have a collapsible shaft section you can
install. the strait shot in the engine bay you cut out the said length, and
on your round shaft, you grid down one side to make the D shape. weld one end
(steering wheel end of the slip shaft to the original steering shaft. the new
D piece slides on 2 pieces, one inside the other. you weld the other end to
the steering box end of the shaft that has also been ground into a D. so now,
you have your 2 pieces of original shaft, with the new D slip shaft welded to
it in 2 pieces that will collapse in the UNFORTUNATE event it needs to...
i have plans to do all this with an ididit or flaming river steering
column/collapsible shaft on casper. just waiting for the big (some day) 7
figure (or atleast 4 figure) money to come in for it...
dave stohler
www.picasaweb.google.com/das24rules