Re: [AMC-list] BBD Carb Issues

On my 83 I had the dreaded stall problem. This has been addressed on various sites and they all involve minor repairs, nothing drastic.
My fix included 4 oz of Marvels Mystery Oil in a tank o' gas, run through as you drive. It cured most of the stalling so I tried another shot with another tank o' gas and the stall went away.
After that second shot I also removed the silly serpentine belt system and went back to a 70 Hornet V-belt system.
Then I started to remove all hoses and wires off the engine associated with the CPU. Pull out the CPU and install and small power amp for the stereo behind that kick panel.
With the BBD cleaned out, hoses and wires hooked up the way they did in 1970, the car fires up easier, runs better and I can get at stuff on the engine. While I was at it I cut down the dip stik tube (pull it out of the engine first) and used a 1970 stick.
I was drinking a root beer while doing all this and out of giggles I placed the glass on the air cleaner lid while it was idling. My Toyota- diggin neighbor, who can't change his own oil but knows "Japanese cars are best" saw the engine idling rock solid and walked away in a tiss.
To remove the hoses and wires correctly just unplug anything that don't make the car die then adjust that BBD like an older one.
Worked for me, I'm just sayin'.......Russ