[AMC-list] SST mystery solved

The late 1960s and early 1970s were the dawn of the supersonic transport - remember the Concorde and the stillborn Russian project that looked similar? SST was a catchword (catch-acronym?) for the wave of the future. Like AMC, however, the real SST's production future suffered a slow decline due to governmental interference and fuel consumption!

"Super Sport Torino" it was not!

Saw a nice '72 Ambassador SST at the Raleigh Classic auction last weekend, really low miles, blue with white top and interior. Dave Murray of Orlando Classic Cars bought it, so he'll likely have it on his site before long unless he already sold it. The car should make my auction coverage in Sports Car Market in or about the May, 2010 issue.
--
William "Chip" Lamb
Richmond, VA - 804-357-4926