Re: [AMC-list] 360 Pistons

I have two 360 engines.
I have one 401 engine.
AMC stopped making 401s in what 1978??
AMC and chrysler made 360s from 1970 to 1991 or 92.
My guess is there are millions of 360s still out there.
I have had a comment from an AMC guy who said,
"Build your 360's for racing. If you blow it up there are lots more around.
They'll make
plenty of power if built correctly."
"Keep your 401 for street driving and make it last."

I have been planning a 360 build for sometime now, I think hypereutectic
pistons are a great plan.
I used to race SCCA Formula Fords.
We employed hypereutectic pistons in the 1.6 liter engines.
When on the track they were run between 4500 and 7200 rpm all day.
A fine testament to hypereutectic pistons.

Armand