Re: [AMC-list] ATTN 78 Concord AMX and 78 Gremlin GT Owners

Joe Fulton <piper_pa20@xxxxxxxxxxx> said:

>I think someone had better define just what they are trying to get orders for:   front spoiler, wheel flares, what?

I said a *set*.  That means all 4 wheel flares *and* the chin spoiler (or spoilers, if a two-piece repro is made rather than a one-piece).

>Someone mentioned Eagles and Hornet/Concord AMXs in the same post.  Those wheel flares are NOT the same.  SX-4 wheel flares are different from the sedans and wagons too.

Yep.

I'm thinking of having made is the complete ground FX package that came on both the 78 AMX and the 78 Gremlin GT.  They are identical; down to the factory part numbers.  I checked my parts books and all of the exterior body doodads are identical between the Gremlin GT and the Corncob AMX.  Here are the part numbers:

----------------------------------
Part                            Group           Part #
----------------------------------

Front Spoiler, left half        20.115-4        371-9765
Front Spoiler, right half       20.115-4        371-9764

Ft right wheel flare            12.075-13       371-9770 (superceded by p/n 372-5980)
Ft left wheel flare             12.075-13       371-9771 (superceded by p/n 372-5981)

Rr right wheel flare            12.125-18       371-9784 (superceded by p/n 372-3664)
Rr left wheel flare             12.125-18       371-9785 (not listed as superceded by another #)
                                                if it was superceded, it would likely be either 372-3663 or -3665)

However, once built, what I am saying is I am certain these kits could just as easily be mounted on other models x, y, and z.  **I** don't care if they're different from the Eagle wheel flares.  If an owner of one of those cars wants the set I'm talking about, he's welcome to go in on it.  All I care about is knowing which other models they could be used on.

I have a set of Eagle sedan flares already.  I know they're different.

>> >These will fit other Hornet/Concord/Gremlin/Spirit
>> bodies also, right?
>>
>> I'm absolutely for sure the wheel flares will fit 78 &
>> up. ...

I should probably clarify that: i.e., ALL SMALL BODIES.

>> The Concord (and Eagle, and Spirit) changed little
>> sheetmetal-wise, until the end in 1988.

-- Marc