---------
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2009 14:47:54 +0000 (UTC)
From: Wrambler <wrambler242@xxxxxxxxxxx>

I, don't have ton of savvy, don't get into all the "stuff".
Tried, just gave me headaches :(
What I see when not wanting to buy new computers is that
when you are working on an old PC based machine you
see a need for three things on the web now.
RAM
Video RAM
NO dialup!

Of, course some good virus protection helps, but if you use good judgement
on websites, don't pop off your email, just leave it on the web. Everything seems to work pretty much ok.

 In my workshop is an old Emachine, with a new Motherboard, old 1.7 or 1.8 Processor.1 Gig of ram, 32 mb of video ram and the things runs fine with XP on board. IIRC I bought the thing around 2001. All my old machines that lack room for video expansion are dogs, woof, woof. Websites all want the flash a bling, that just slows the crap out of everything.

 Linux looks interesting, but, The machines I now have will all handle what I throw at them. I don't see a need to experiment. I got enough trouble keeping the fleet running and TWO houses in repair...

--
Frank Swygert
For all AMC enthusiasts