Re: [AMC-list] ot iihs 50 year crash test video

Yeah, but mine was a total side impact. I don't think a new car would stand that any better, and maybe even worse! A frontal impact is a different story. I think I'd rather be in a newer car that would crumple up. I have an old PS or PM that has some crash tests of between full frame and unit body cars (50s Rambler and Nash cars were in it... article was late 50s/early 60s... will have to look it up!). At that time the unit body cars didn't fare any better or worse than full frame, but the Nash/Rambler unit bodies of the period had a rail running from bumper to bumper -- like Tom's 63 American (the last built that way).
-------------
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2009 20:18:06 +0000 (UTC)
From: Wrambler <wrambler242@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Did you see pics of Franks first wagon after the crash?
I never take anything for granted driving the old cars!
You think, wow old heavy metal, yep sure is, but they did
not know squat about crumple zones, door bars, etc,
I try to drive my American and think like I'm riding a motorcycle.
no matter who is at fault in a crash I will probably lose, so I try to drive accordingly.

--
Frank Swygert
For all AMC enthusiasts