Re: [AMC-list] airdam for my American

" From: tom jennings <tomj@xxxxxxx>
"
" I made it in three weeks, ran it for one week, took it off. Couldn't stand
" the lack of ground clearance. As it is I can drive over curbs or whatever I
" feel like, and fly over rough roads with it's crazy suspension travel. With
" this thing on, I had to crawl into driveways. Ugh!
"
" http://wps.com/AMC/1963-Rambler-American/Airdam/
"
" Might raise it later in the spring.

looks very good.

i always wanted to make one out of a truck mudflap.  since it's
flexible, you could make it virtually touch the road for greater
effectiveness - if it hit something it'd just fold and snap back.

i also thought the lower radiator support would be a more effective
place for it, as it would then encourage airflow through the radiator
as well as blocking it from under the car.