Re: [AMC-list] rosie went for a drive

" From: Frank Swygert <farna@xxxxxxx>
"
" If Tom has 79+ rotors that's true, if they are older they are closer
" (and sometimes over) $100 each. 77-78 use the came caliper as 79+ but
" use the big bearing spindle that the Matador and all 75-76 cars used.
" The 77-78 rotor is the same size as 79+ too, just the bearings and
" spindle are different -- those two years are the real odd balls!

makes it sound like, if you have a '77-8 non-mat, it'd be worth
hunting up a set of 'normal' spindles next time you need rotors, so
you could get the cheaper later ones.

there's a beefy mopar rotor from the late '70s - early '80s that
should fit the big bearings, but it'd require caliper bracket mods
and [probably] 15" wheels; it's bigger.

" From: Peter Marano <pmarano@xxxxxxxxx>
"
" Tom your mention of $100.00 rotors piqued my curiosity.  After
" checking three suppliers (including NAPA) the prices I saw ranged
" from $40.00 to just under $60.00. I suppose California prices could
" be higher but it might be worth checking before you  convert.