Re: [AMC-list] fwd: [xjlist] Chrysler parts and engines...

Re: [AMC-list] fwd: [xjlist] Chrysler parts and engines...

" From: tom jennings <tomj@xxxxxxx>
"
" On Mon, Nov 2, 2009 at 07:35, Sandwich Maker <adh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
"
" > http://media.chrysler.com/newsrelease.do;jsessionid=304EB76BEA1D978ADE5F47A4FE2F5978?id=9219&mid=1
" >
" > the relevant section:
" >
" > Mopar will also introduce a new 4.7-liter I-6 Stroker long block, a
" > powerful upgrade for the 4.0-liter I-6 made famous in Jeep vehicles
" > built from 1991-2006. Because off-road enthusiasts appreciated the
" > dependability and performance of the previous 4.0-liter engine, Mopar
" > developed a more powerful engine that delivers an expected 265 hp and
" > 290 lb.-ft of torque. The engine will fit in any Jeep vehicle
" > previously equipped with the 4.0-liter I-6 engine.
"
"
" OK, that's pretty freaky good. So I assume the engine- and
" chassis-management computer crap will be sortable? If I were to stick this
" hypothetical motor in our 72 hornet, would I have to own one of those awful
" plastic TV (car) remote controls to start the car?! Pretty funny.
"
" A 2010 motor that will bolt onto an AMC bell? Wow...

the pic showed only a long block.  you're on your own for manifolds
etc.

neither my '94 nor my gf's '01 4.0 have remotes.  and from the tsm the
only sig my ecm needs from the chassis is a vss.  there are
passthrough senders you can put between the tranny and speedo cable,
or maybe between the cable and speedo at the other end.

painless makes an aftermkt obd1-era 4.0 ecm, pc-tunable etc.

apparently mopar farms this sort of stuff out, so who actually makes
this longblock is anyone's guess, except it isn't hesco b/c they were
asked pointblank and denied it.