From: Joe Fulton <piper_pa20@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 1 Nov 2009 10:34:45
To: Rambler Nash Jeep and familyAMC<amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [AMC-list] Messing with the trunk - paint it body color or
	splatteror?

Bruce if you have a compressor or can borrow some compressed air from a buddy, compressed air works great for blowing out that area.  You'll probaby be surprised by how much stuff comes out of there even after you have vacuumed it.  Take care with your lungs and eyes when using compressed air though.

I have been doing a very similar project on my 65 American.  I have pinholes in the driver's side quarter and have been wrestling with putting in a patch or just filling the holes with Lab Metal and the body filler to smooth the area.  I ground off all of the old bondo from previous Mexican body work yesterday and have clean shiney metal to work with today.  I have treated the pinholes with Naval Jelly (because it had it handy).  This will not be a show car and if I can keep that area dry the Lab Metal should hold for a long time (maybe until someone makes patch panels for American quarters.)  Joe Fulton