Re: [AMC-list] Howell Fuel Injection in 83 Concord 258

With modest skill and some help from Howell and or Tom I see no reason you can't accomplish the conversion. It is a win-win situation in the end.

-----Original Message-----
From: zenflyrca@xxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 31 Oct 2009 20:26:11
To: <amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [AMC-list] Howell Fuel Injection in 83 Concord 258

Hi, Has anyone had experience in installing a Howell fuel injection system in a Concord?  I have a very sharp 2 family 83 Concord wagon that won't pass CA smog as at one point in its life I loaned it to my sister in Oregon.  She was having constant problems with the engine stalling so she  much of the CA smog equipment disconnected or removed and an older Jeep carb installed. It drives great but its CA illegal.  Now that its back in CA I've had problems finding the parts I need to pass a visual and sniff test.  I've read that the Howell is CARB approved for AMC 258 6's and that it replaces much if not all of the smog stuff I'm missing.  It may not be cheap, but I like my wagon so much that its worth it to me to make the investment.  I have modest mechanical skills and can follow directions.

Thanks!  Mitch