Re: [AMC-list] 66 classic V8

It would be either a 287 or 327. The bore size is cast into the block but I don't recall what it is. If you have the alternator bracket, there is a 5 or 6 digit code stamped into it. An E or F means 327 and a G means a 287.

The transmission is a Borg Warner automatic. There's a tag on it that has the model number but I think it's an M-10.

Matt

On 10/30/2009 3:17 PM, Keith Evenson spouted this sage advice:

Can anyone give me any info on a V8 with an automatic trany I was given that came out of a 66 Classic. IE, Was there more then one 8 cyl available in 66 for the classic? I don't have a use for it right now so if anyone can give me some info on the combo so I can list it for sale someplace or if anyone on here is interested let me know. Thanks Keith

Sent from my iPhone