Re: [AMC-list] amc eagle vented gas caps

Having the charcoal cannister functioning takes care of the back pressure in the tank. Cars built since '71 have them because of this, to keep fuel vapors from venting to the air and keeping them where your motor can burn them.

From: "Eddie Stakes" <eddiestakes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "Joe Fulton" <piper_pa20@xxxxxxxxxxx>,	"Rambler Nash Jeep and
	familyAMC" <amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: baadassGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [AMC-list] amc eagle vented gas caps

Thanks Joe, under the car and off to passenger side there is some small unit that is long
since outlived it's usefulness, some solenoid looking thing. The old man who owned this 88
Eagle obviously bypassed it. Still I guess would not explain why sometimes during heat of
summer have same effect on my AMCs built 35-40 years ago however. Pelosi, what a turd!
Anyways, appreciate all the replies so far.
Eddie Stakes
713.464.8825
eddiestakes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.planethoustonamx.com