Re: [AMC-list] calponycar adapter to replace the T-96 with T-5...

Re: [AMC-list] calponycar adapter to replace the T-96 with T-5...

" From: Frank Swygert <farna@xxxxxxx>
"
" Not necessarily so for the AMCs. The "Shelby Drop" only worked on
" early Falcons and Mustangs. If you ever jack a 100% original example
" of either up you'll see the bottoms of the wheels actually "toe out"!!
" Camber was all messed up -- a design flaw from the start. I've never
" noticed any of my old Ramblers doing that (wheels out at bottom/in at
" top) when jacked up. The Mustang and Falcon were BAD -- my brother has
" one of each -- 63 Falcon and 64 Mustang. He recently dropped the upper
" a-arm on his Mustang and noticed a world of difference in handling and
" ride.

that's awful!

but the negative roll is from the inner pivot points being farther
apart than the outer ones, and most/all american cars were that way,
amc included.

it's true i haven't heard of the 'shelby drop' on any other cars.  i
don't know if they might just have been the last fords to have dogbone
upper inner pivots.  gm and amc had certainly switched by then.

" From: adh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Sandwich Maker)
" Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2009 14:22:10
"
" the correct solution would be what shelby did with his mustangs,
" relocate the upper inner a-arm pivot.  it was easy on those cars b/c
" the pivot is a bolt-on dogbone; you can just drill [and reinforce] new
" holes on the inner fender...