Re: [AMC-list] 196 OHV needed

I'll have to get off my lazy hind end and go to a Peach State AMO
meeting - I like the early wagons. Heck, I like all the AMCs.

I know you've heard from too many people about freeing up the engine.
But the 196OHV in my '65 American was seized solid. It took 5 weeks of
soaking and gentle pushing it back and forth by hand (has a manual
transmission in it) to free it up. Tried a bunch of stuff - but I
think Kroil did the ticket.

Anyway, I've got something like 1,000 to 1,200 miles on it since
freeing it up, and it drives just fine around town. Did need to get
the head rebuilt, though. Er, leaks coolant out the radiator. Er,
leaks oil from under the valve cover. Um, fuel mileage could stand to
be better.

Anybody got a spare 196? ;-)